I love walking out the door with next-to-nothing. About half a dozen times in the last 2 years I’ve walked the half hour it takes to walk the 2 miles to the gym. I especially like cool, clear mornings…..I put my gym clothes on, grab my door keys and earphones (for the gym machines) and walk out with no sportsbag, no phone or mp3 player, no money/travel card, no water, no company, nothing. I feel so free. I don’t run or jog…. I just walk. Can ‘stuff’ really be such a burden? I just walk out into south London urban-ness and I just be…. I haven’t tried this since the injury… but I’m going to before our marvellous Indian Summer finally disappears.
I know for certain that going to see physio Piotr is doing me some good… not because he is a good physio (which he is), but because the journey to the The calmblueroom therapy rooms involves descending 78 steps at Waterloo East station – and I practically skipped down them (with hand hovering over bannister)…. the point being that I couldn’t skip down them last week. There is still a twinge at my heel, but Piotr says the golf ball ‘massage’ will help and therefore I must masochistically continue. And hospital physio Helen says I must do heel raises every day ’til fatigue sets in’ if I want to strengthen the calf muscle. Hmmm.. how to make exercise more fun?….why can’t it be possible to fix my leg by jumping into leaf piles instead??… http://hooplaha.com/2014/09/the-leaf-pile-falls-best-accessory-to-fun/
Went to Bluewater shopping centre with Mom. Mom’s feet are tiny and are marked with the results of working and carrying 9 children ’til a day or two before delivery (pic). She uses a walking stick and tires more quickly now that she’s 87… but she’s optimistic and still going strong. Everyone was kind and helpful at Bluewater and me and Mom linked arms and did the kind of shopping Mom loves, where you take a very long time to buy next-to-nothing (cos you’ve got everything already!).
- Achilles Tendon Recovery Amazing World Blogging Brexit Cats Change Childhood Memories Church Cities DIY/Repairing/Up-cycling things Education/learning Everyday Life in London Exercise/Walking/Physiotherapy Family Football Friends Fun/Humour God Good Life Gratitude Great Britain Healing Health Home Improvements Inspirational Life Lessons London Looking for the Good Making Things Better Miracles Modern Life Optimism Politics Praying Prehistory talking to strangers The Marvellous Human Body Travel Uncategorized Volunteering
- Follow Ain't we got it made? on WordPress.com
- Blog 124 -19.10.19. Brexit: will we turn back from a Neanderthal future?
- Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5: El Último post de Barcelona.
- Blog 122 – 25.9.19. Español 4: How to stay out of hot water…
- Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Español 3: Learning all about…China…
- Blog 120 -20.9.19. Español 2: Pah! mi amigo – who needs friends…?
aintwegotitmade on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa… aintwegotitmade on Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5:… Passport Overused on Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5:… sandomina on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa… aintwegotitmade on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa…