Chaos, turmoil, back and front stabbing…no it’s not an urban riot, it’s the political elite reeling while the rest of us basically Keep Calm and Carry On. A very British revolution.
Here’s my advice to the poor folk who have to sort this out (incidently, it seems more and more likely that a whole bunch of women are going to be clearing up this mess and I’m really looking forward to that. In fact if Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon was interested in the rest of the UK, I’d vote for her!). I’m no expert, but by all accounts, neither is anyone else…so here it is…here’s what to do guys…I mean, gals:
- Bring in a proportional representation (PR) voting system….then hopefully more voices can be heard
- Set up the newly required Department of Trade in Birmingham (ie outside of London)
- Pay lots of cash to the best trade negotiators, wherever we can find them.
- Consider moving parliament (permanently or temporarily) to Birmingham or Manchester – the existing Houses of Parliament are in very expensive disrepair and the building is, in many ways, unfit for purpose.
- Get used to coalition government when necessary (this may focus their attention on good government instead of whether they are in power or not).
- Modify or get rid of the lobby system/stop cosying up to media moguls
- Make it a top priority to invest in wind energy/green energy so we’re not beholden to anyone for fuel.
- Proceed with airport expansion/HS2 railway scheme.
- Re property development – change planning laws so that all new London/city developments must sell/rent at least 75% of their units to British residents before they can market anything abroad.
- Heavily promote investment by housing associations in mixed rented housing in the south-east in particular and by housing associations/private developers/institutions in private rented housing country-wide to increase rented housing – including retirement housing.
- You will have to do something about immigration; but don’t send back any resident EU citizens (it would only cause retaliation and ill-feeling with the EU) and remember we need people to come and work here for all sorts of reasons. Also…be aware that immigrants want to go to peaceful, stable, economically thriving places where they can be free to be who they are and fulfil their potential….also… they follow the money….if immigration totally dries up… will the UK follow suit?
I’ve sussed why the cat is always happy…he doesn’t read the newspapers, he just sleeps on them.
Excellent, J. I agree 99%
Hey! You found the blog!, Thank you for your comment.