- Achilles Tendon Recovery Amazing World Blogging Brexit Cats Change Childhood Memories Church Cities DIY/Repairing/Up-cycling things Education/learning Everyday Life in London Exercise/Walking/Physiotherapy Family Football Friends Fun/Humour God Good Life Gratitude Great Britain Healing Health Home Improvements Inspirational Life Lessons London Looking for the Good Making Things Better Miracles Modern Life Optimism Politics Praying Prehistory talking to strangers The Marvellous Human Body Travel Uncategorized Volunteering
- Follow Ain't we got it made? on WordPress.com
- Blog 124 -19.10.19. Brexit: will we turn back from a Neanderthal future?
- Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5: El Último post de Barcelona.
- Blog 122 – 25.9.19. Español 4: How to stay out of hot water…
- Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Español 3: Learning all about…China…
- Blog 120 -20.9.19. Español 2: Pah! mi amigo – who needs friends…?
aintwegotitmade on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa… aintwegotitmade on Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5:… Passport Overused on Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5:… sandomina on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa… aintwegotitmade on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa…
Category Archives: Gratitude
In my 20s, a few years after university, my housemate/landlord Robin, told me about a development of newly refurbished ex-council flats in a (then) near deserted part of London’s docklands called Wapping. Most of the docks had closed and the … Continue reading
I’ve got a stinking cold and sore throat…the kind you might get once a stressful period is over and you can finally afford to collapse in a heap… yes…we have a beautiful new extended kitchen…and yes, it was worth it. … Continue reading
I remember from my youth that untidy teenage bedrooms, car pile ups, dodgy council estates or any chaotic situation would be described as ‘like living in Beirut’…i.e. a war zone….
Shhh…look…just don’t jinx me by telling anyone. I don’t know quite how it happened…really I don’t. We have a….shhhh…great builder. Yep. They exist and they are right here in south London…shhh now. Don’t blab about it. Please. In case our … Continue reading
It’s not so cold in London, just now. Apparently we’re due for a bit of sleet. We live in an old and somewhat draughty Victorian house with cold ceramic-tiled floors…soon to be remedied with underfloor heating. In the 1940s, after … Continue reading
Among the pilgrims there’s lots of talk about the best way to prevent pain…I’m using boots that feel comfortable and are a size bigger than normal to give sweating/expansion room, plus cushioned socks. Also, apparently baby-soft feet are the thing … Continue reading
I’m singing. I guess this is a good sign. Not for anyone listening of course…but it means my brain is finally turning away from sadness to….singing.