- Achilles Tendon Recovery Amazing World Blogging Brexit Cats Change Childhood Memories Church Cities DIY/Repairing/Up-cycling things Education/learning Everyday Life in London Exercise/Walking/Physiotherapy Family Football Friends Fun/Humour God Good Life Gratitude Great Britain Healing Health Home Improvements Inspirational Life Lessons London Looking for the Good Making Things Better Miracles Modern Life Optimism Politics Praying Prehistory talking to strangers The Marvellous Human Body Travel Uncategorized Volunteering
- Follow Ain't we got it made? on WordPress.com
- Blog 124 -19.10.19. Brexit: will we turn back from a Neanderthal future?
- Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5: El Último post de Barcelona.
- Blog 122 – 25.9.19. Español 4: How to stay out of hot water…
- Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Español 3: Learning all about…China…
- Blog 120 -20.9.19. Español 2: Pah! mi amigo – who needs friends…?
aintwegotitmade on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa… aintwegotitmade on Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5:… Passport Overused on Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5:… sandomina on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa… aintwegotitmade on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa…
Category Archives: Looking for the Good
Spring is springing along as usual here in London. It was warmish, we put winter coats away…and then got them out again. It is the beginning of a new term at St.W’s primary and as a volunteer classroom assistant I … Continue reading
This is a day when I should have been feeling low. But somehow smiles managed to accidentally break out of me as I was coming home from church…and I got smiles back. I popped into a new local fashion boutique … Continue reading
In my 20s, a few years after university, my housemate/landlord Robin, told me about a development of newly refurbished ex-council flats in a (then) near deserted part of London’s docklands called Wapping. Most of the docks had closed and the … Continue reading
Look…I’m not saying that London is some kind of ‘rosy haven’ of a place…well, except that when I do focus on the rosy haven-ness of it, it becomes easier to see more rosy haven, so to speak. And I do … Continue reading
I’ve got a stinking cold and sore throat…the kind you might get once a stressful period is over and you can finally afford to collapse in a heap… yes…we have a beautiful new extended kitchen…and yes, it was worth it. … Continue reading
And so we went….to Rutland. Never heard of Rutland? Good. We’d like to keep it that way. We escaped the building dust for a week by driving 2 hours or so north of London to England’s smallest county.
Shhh…look…just don’t jinx me by telling anyone. I don’t know quite how it happened…really I don’t. We have a….shhhh…great builder. Yep. They exist and they are right here in south London…shhh now. Don’t blab about it. Please. In case our … Continue reading
Walking to the shops today I bumped into Clara and her mum from St.W’s primary school (where I volunteer). Clara was smiling from ear to ear as soon as we spotted each other…
So…we don’t do extremes, eh? Scotland and parts of the South West are on a Red weather warning (which I understand hasn’t happened before) as Storm Emma from the Atlantic and the Beast from East/Siberia create the perfect storm by … Continue reading