- Achilles Tendon Recovery Amazing World Blogging Brexit Cats Change Childhood Memories Church Cities DIY/Repairing/Up-cycling things Education/learning Everyday Life in London Exercise/Walking/Physiotherapy Family Football Friends Fun/Humour God Good Life Gratitude Great Britain Healing Health Home Improvements Inspirational Life Lessons London Looking for the Good Making Things Better Miracles Modern Life Optimism Politics Praying Prehistory talking to strangers The Marvellous Human Body Travel Uncategorized Volunteering
- Follow Ain't we got it made? on WordPress.com
- Blog 124 -19.10.19. Brexit: will we turn back from a Neanderthal future?
- Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5: El Último post de Barcelona.
- Blog 122 – 25.9.19. Español 4: How to stay out of hot water…
- Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Español 3: Learning all about…China…
- Blog 120 -20.9.19. Español 2: Pah! mi amigo – who needs friends…?
aintwegotitmade on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa… aintwegotitmade on Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5:… Passport Overused on Blog 123 – 27.9.19. Español 5:… sandomina on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa… aintwegotitmade on Blog 121 – 24.9.19. Espa…
Tag Archives: London
Look…I’m not saying that London is some kind of ‘rosy haven’ of a place…well, except that when I do focus on the rosy haven-ness of it, it becomes easier to see more rosy haven, so to speak. And I do … Continue reading
September is actually the New Year. I mean…it should be. It’s the end of the holidays and it’s when school starts. It’s when ones thoughts turn, pretty abruptly, from the frivolity of frolicking in sandals to the sturdy lace-ups of … Continue reading
I’ve got a stinking cold and sore throat…the kind you might get once a stressful period is over and you can finally afford to collapse in a heap… yes…we have a beautiful new extended kitchen…and yes, it was worth it. … Continue reading
And so we went….to Rutland. Never heard of Rutland? Good. We’d like to keep it that way. We escaped the building dust for a week by driving 2 hours or so north of London to England’s smallest county.
So…we don’t do extremes, eh? Scotland and parts of the South West are on a Red weather warning (which I understand hasn’t happened before) as Storm Emma from the Atlantic and the Beast from East/Siberia create the perfect storm by … Continue reading
It’s not so cold in London, just now. Apparently we’re due for a bit of sleet. We live in an old and somewhat draughty Victorian house with cold ceramic-tiled floors…soon to be remedied with underfloor heating. In the 1940s, after … Continue reading
It’s quite rare to get a really decent summer in the UK…Wimbledon (starting week after next) is invariably marked by torrential rain…that’s how you know it’s July.
I know the smell of fire…a small but damaging one broke out at home when I was young. Now I’m imagining my lovely house as a charred, blackened, unrecognisable space…and several members of my family missing. How would that hole … Continue reading
A recent pre-election chat with my 23 year old journalist niece, H, made me realise that some young people are pretty angry and think that things can barely get any worse…we are in a dark place she said. The terror … Continue reading