- Achilles Tendon Recovery Amazing World Brexit Cats Change Changing World Childhood Memories Church Cities Coronavirus/Covid-19/pandemic Difficult times DIY/Repairing/Up-cycling things Education/learning Everyday Life in London Exercise/Walking/Physiotherapy Family Football Fun/Humour God Good Life Gratitude Great Britain Healing Health Home Improvements Inspirational Life Lessons London Looking for the Good Making things Making Things Better Miracles Modern Life Optimism Politics talking to strangers The Marvellous Human Body Travel Uncategorized Volunteering
- Follow Ain't we got it made? on WordPress.com
Join 83 other subscribers.
aintwegotitmade on Blog 141 – 1.8.21. Get o… Marigold on Blog 141 – 1.8.21. Get o… aintwegotitmade on Blog 140 – 13.3.21… Janis @ Retiremental… on Blog 140 – 13.3.21… SaaniaSparkle 🧚🏻♀️ on Blog 136 – 9.8.20……
- Sep 2022
- Nov 2021
- Oct 2021
- Aug 2021
- Mar 2021
- Dec 2020
- Nov 2020
- Aug 2020
- Jul 2020
- Jun 2020
- May 2020
- Apr 2020
- Mar 2020
- Dec 2019
- Oct 2019
- Sep 2019
- Jul 2019
- May 2019
- Apr 2019
- Feb 2019
- Dec 2018
- Nov 2018
- Oct 2018
- Sep 2018
- Aug 2018
- Jun 2018
- Apr 2018
- Mar 2018
- Jan 2018
- Dec 2017
- Nov 2017
- Oct 2017
- Sep 2017
- Aug 2017
- Jul 2017
- Jun 2017
- May 2017
- Jul 2016
- Jun 2016
- Jan 2016
- Mar 2015
- Feb 2015
- Jan 2015
- Dec 2014
- Nov 2014
- Oct 2014
- Sep 2014
- Blog 146 12.9.22: A new...King...
- Blog 145 - 8.9.22: Goodbye Marm.
- Blog 144 - 6.11.21. Blah blah blah...a crustie's (?) manifesto
- Blog 143 - 16.10.21. Consider this....
- Blog 142 - 2.10.21.... get out there and grow bolder
- Blog 141 - 1.8.21. Get out the sunscreen, it's time for a really sore butt.
- Blog 140 - 13.3.21...is that really you?...
- Blog 139 - 5.3.21. I'm not anti-anybody...
- Blog 138 - 25.12.20 - Meal deal for 2...
- Blog 137 - 4.11.20 ... riding the covid bucking bronco...
Author Archives: aintwegotitmade
Prior to the Queen’s demise, we mostly referred to kings in the context of wars, empires, adulterous relationships, divorces, beheadings and such other kingly matters. So a king, today, seems utterly removed from modern life. ‘King’ just sounds…wrong…even if it … Continue reading
The Queen is no more. I don’t know what to say. This is not a day I was expecting to have to deal with somehow…we have denied reality for some time and just expected her to go on and on. … Continue reading
Don’t march. Don’t protest. Don’t expect your government to do anything. They might do something…but they might not. Blah blah blah. Do it without them. Insulate your home to the extent that you are able. Turn your heating down 1 … Continue reading
Today I went into the local Turkish grocery shop to pick up some garlic, chillies, and maybe a pomegranate. Found all of those then wandered over to the pastry counter and found my husband’s favourite greek baklavas and also a … Continue reading
Wooo…although about 35,000 people a day are catching covid in these parts (apparently the highest rate in Europe)…many are returning to some kind of post-pandemic normal. We are short of van/lorry/tanker drivers and the brexiters are probably biting their lips … Continue reading
OK. I get it. It’s my time for some serious butt-kicking… i.e. being on the end of it. OK Miss Pollyanna….can you cope now? Continue reading
My cousin, who I know well because she lived with my family when I was young, phoned me up out of the blue from the US a few days ago. I missed her call because I was out. She phoned … Continue reading
You know me….I like to be positive. I still have plenty of food, a lovely house, a job, a great husband and a beautiful cat called Millie. There is a plentiful supply of vaccines and no doubt I will rise … Continue reading
I have a theory (actually it’s not my theory), that all pain and suffering and even slight irritations have a purpose…and that purpose is education. There is something to be learnt. My covid lessons have taught me, primarily, how to … Continue reading
brrrmmmm…..brrrmmm (presses sewing machine pedal)…whoooosh….snip. clip. damn needle..can’t see the hole…brrrmmm….brrrrmmmm I have no time to write a blog….I’ve got on the face covering skateboard and I can’t get off. The charity I volunteer for needs the dosh…plus it feels … Continue reading